Friday, May 27, 2011

a miracle happen.

today i had osce examination.

what happen? and how did i react?
i finish the cvs examination on time .. however after the question i forgot to bring my file to the next station. when the bell rang 3 times i enter the station. it was communication station. " examiner : where your file ? " oh no.. I RAN OUT TO THE PREVIOUS STATION" . i know that i dont have much time left . i need to take the patient medical history. subahanallah.. alhamdulillah.. Allahu Akbar. I can understand the patient... and remember it well.. even though I dont have more time to ask extra question. thank you for make my situation easy ..Oh Allah.


one more in BP station. I CAN't HEAR THE KOROFKOFF SOUND. and i cant get theBP reading.
should i lied that i get bp and say the no in the normal range eg the bp is 118/70 mmhg?
i can do that . but .. this time i am not..
ergh... i know that my mark will be deducted due to this condition.

why i cant lie? i always practise when taking bp i just said and write what i heard from the stetoscope. i alreasdy get used to that habit.

of course.. it because i will be a doctor one day. i dont want to lie about the my examination...

i realise it at the next station.. my stetoscope was switch off . i forgot to turn it on.. " clicking sound". ( patut la x dpt )! major mistake here... abisla.. ^_^


what did i learn?
dont blame other ( eg : blame exminer bcoz not give me back the folder")
realized my own mistake and admit it ( i am the one who forgot to take the file and i am the one who not check the stetoscope is open or not when taking bp.)
practise osce is good to help me to be more fluent . but during the osce dont just spill up the word. check carefully when examine the patient is there any abnormality.

for communication( headache and angina )
pick up non-berbal cue.. ( especially when the patient show paintfull faceh.. say to her . you look really in pain right now.( baru la patient tu berasa best kn? penat berlakon ...tunjuk muka sakit. tp dr ni perasan..wah ..kn best?)

what you will do if you face the same situation in future?
just be more aware about the file after each station. if that happen.. i need to check back the file before i move to the next station and before the bell start to ring again indicate.. start time.

i will check the stetoscope first before i apply it to the patient arm. make sure it open.


i still dont want lie just to get the mark ..if i did the procedure wrongly .. .because what ever happen .. patient must come first.




that all my reflection for today.. need to leave everything to ALLAH. i did my best.. and i am happy for it ..now the time to leave everything to Him.

my time for having lunch ..rest a bit.. and start back my study for my paper exam on tuesday and wednesday next week. 4 days left.

tata..

1 comment: